Oomroom.com is a collaborative resource hub to support Ukrainian as a second language teaching and learning. We recognize the special challenges of teaching Ukrainian in the Canadian context. For this reason, the tools, samples, methodological guidelines and pedagogical articles located here are meant to make facilitating language learning easier and are based on sound educational research. We hope that you will find information about and contribute to:
- increasing small group work and differentiation
- creating lesson plans based on contemporary student needs
- designing effective presentations,
- integrating blended and flipped learning
- organizing cross-curricular activities
- fostering a global Ukrainian classroom using 21st century pedagogy.
You are also welcome and encouraged to become a member of our growing Ukrainian teacher Community of Practice. Create your own quick-and-easy login to the embedded CoP. Join other educators just like you across the country and around the world in discussion, investigation, adaptation, sharing, and co-creation of learning resources and approaches that meet the needs of diverse 21st century Ukrainian language learners from K-12. Please help us insure that the content is aligned with the curricula of the Ukrainian Bilingual Program, as well as the Ridna Shkola and Kursy Ukrayinoznavstva Heritage language Program.