ULEC develops, publishes, and distributes Ukrainian language resources in print and online that support teachers and deliver effective, world-class language education to students from pre-school.
Our mandate is the development of Ukrainian language education in Canada and abroad and involves:
- producing learning resources of Ukrainian language at both the secondary and post-secondary levels,
- overseeing the development of the collection of Ukrainian-language educational and related materials at CIUS,
- conducting and supervising research on topics related to Ukrainian-language education and related fields,
- supporting the professional development of Ukrainian-language teachers and instructors,
- engaging in community and public outreach efforts related to Ukrainian language education, and
- facilitating fundraising for the Centre’s activities and projects.